Microneedling is hands down the single best anti-aging procedure you can do.
It is done using a small device with fine needles that prick the skin at different depths. By pricking the skin, it stimulates vital skin repair processes that generate new collagen.
New collagen helps generate new skin that is smoother, firmer with more natural tone.
Micro-needling has become one of the most popular cosmetic procedures often used in place of laser treatment because of minimal downtime and minimal discomfort.
Where is micro-needling most often used on the body?
Micro-needling is mostly done on the face and neck
What can I treat with micro-needling?
Micro-needling will help generate newer more healthy skin but can also treat scars, wrinkles and large pores.
What should I expect when I go in for a micro-needling procedure?
Heres what you can expect:
- First your skin is numbed about 10-15 minutes before the procedure using topical numbling (no needles!)
- Micro-needling is then performed for 25-30 minutes
- After your needling, topicals are then applied
- The day of the procedure your face will be very red. This is NORMAL! Redness will usually subside between 24-48 hours after the procedure
- After 24 hours, make-up and facial creams can be applied